If you have no money for camera gear, lights, or software, that can often hold you back from making videos.
Luckily, our guest on today's episode of the podcast, Thomas Frank of College Info Geek, shares how that isn't holding him back from making weekly videos on YouTube.
With less than a few hundred dollars worth of equipment, he makes short-form talking head videos for college students.
In this episode Thomas shares how he makes his videos look great without investing a ton of money on a bunch of gear, tips for planning out your videos before you sit in front of the camera to make them, and how incorporating b-roll into his videos speeds up the process.
Items mentioned in this episode:
- College Info Geek | College Tips for Smart Students
- The College Info Geek Podcast | College Info Geek
- Thomas Frank - YouTube
- If Life Seems Hard – It's Time To Get Stronger / IMPOSSIBLE
- strengthcamp - YouTube
- Elliott Hulse - YouTube
- Should you podcast or make videos? by seanwes
- JonTronShow - YouTube
- Caddicarus - YouTube
- SpaceHamster - YouTube
- PeanutButterGamer - YouTube
- Down and Dirty Lighting Kit | Wistia Learning Center
- Amazon.com : Sony NEX-5T
- Amazon.com : Lutron Lamp Dimmer