As I've been hinting at for a few weeks, I'm happy to announce the launch of the new podcast for Pocket Changed. The Cubicle Renegade Podcast: Where Unfulfilled Desk Jockeys Become Fearless Entrepreneurs.
On the show I'll be featuring current entrepreneurs, corporate escapees, and world changers who are successfully building businesses that matter.
We discuss everything from whether or not you should do work based on your passion, why you should wait to release the first product on your blog, and how choosing a niche might actually be the worst way to stand out online.
You can listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or use this player.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- (1:30) - How to get a job after college when even Starbucks ignores you
- (6:55) - When it makes sense to pay for ads online
- (10:30) - Why you need to focus on more than just revenue when you start blogging
- (12:34) - Should you "monetize your passion"?
- (16:57) - Finding a niche vs. Creating a theme
- (22:06) - Why you need to create a platform for your brand online
- (27:45) - How to "find the time to work on a side hustle"
- (31:10) - The hardest part about working while you travel
Items mentioned in this episode:
- The Blog of Impossible Things
- Impossible HQ
- The Impossible Manifesto
- Impossible Tri
- Impossible Shirts
- Lifestyle Business Podcast with Dan Andrews
f you have enjoyed this or other episodes of The Cubicle Renegade Podcast I'd love for you to leave a review on iTunes.
Intro & Outro Music by Ratatat.