Lessons from Making 90 Client Videos & Spending $12,000 on Gear in 5 Months (DVG 029)
The last five months of "flying solo" have been an insanely busy juggling act of client work, launching this podcast, shipping YouTube videos weekly, my wife's two rounds of surgery and recovery from cancer, trips around the Holidays, and more.
I figured it was time to share a bit of behind the scenes on how things are going internally at my video production studio and what's next for DIY Video Guy.
In this episode I talk with my editor Tim about what gear investments we've been making (and why), what our workflow is (including all the programs and web apps we use), how video podcasting downloads have compared to YouTube viewers for the weekly video show, talk candidly about how video production for clients has been going, and tease version 2.0 of the DIY Video Production Guide (which comes out March 24th).
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Smart Passive Income TV
- Brennan Dunn's Double Your Freelancing Rate
- Value-Based Pricing - seanwes tv #59
- Amazon.com: Rode NTG3 Condenser Shotgun Microphone
- Amazon.com: Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- B&H: Canon C100 MARK ll
- Apple - Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- AudioJungle - Royalty Free Music - Sound Effects - Stock Audio
- VideoHive - Templates for After Effects, Apple Motion and Cinema 4D
- Wipster - Video Review and Approval
- Trello - Visual Task Management
- Wistia - Video Hosting for Business
- Podbean - Podcast Hosting
- Libsyn - Podcast Hosting Services
- DIY Video Guy TV
- State of the Union Image Source