I just got back from a trip from Portland, Oregon. While I was there I tried to concentrate on being with friends and staying less “plugged in”. When I got back I realized the YouTube channel had surpassed 10,000 Subscribers!
I was happy to see this as it was a mid-year goal of mine. At the end of 2015 I decided that I would place more attention onto YouTube and I have been trying my best to publish consistently ever since.
Apart from saying thank you to all of you who have subscribed to the channel, I wanted to put a video together detailing my motivations for running a YouTube channel. It takes a lot of effort to maintain a channel while also growing the client work of my video production company. Here are my reasons:
- Help share what I have learned
- YouTube is the best platform for teaching
- The comment section is useful to the viewers and myself
- I like to share my favorite gear and how to use it
- Building an audience is becoming a necessary part of running an online business
- YouTube is my favorite way to tell a story
- I can build a body of work and keep practicing my skills
- Income, there is a positive feedback loop between my YouTube channel and client work
- Expanding my network to reach more creators, entrepreneurs and clients
- You, The Subscribers! I enjoy creating content that you want to see
Thank you all and I hope you spread the word about the channel and stick around for its future growth.
P.S. Here is a shortlist of people who have inspired me to keep going:
- MKBHD - his consistency is incredible
- Film Riot - love theses guys, just bought their LUTs pack actually
- DSLR Video Shooter - Caleb’s gear reviews and hacks are in-depth and done well
- Indy Mogul - their creativity and humor are always a pleasure
If you prefer to watch this video directly on YouTube, you can do so here.
If you have not subscribed to the channel you can do that here!