Which Microphone Should You Use for Videos? (DVG 011)
If there was ever an episode to listen to with headphones, this would be it.
Today's episode is gonna be a fun one and a bit different. I'll be chatting about what microphone you should use in your videos and instead of just mentioning a bunch of different ones I thought I'd actually record using a bunch of them so you could hear some of the differences firsthand.
You'll hear 10 different microphones, what they should like and why I use some for certain situations over others.
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone
- Rode VideoMic Pro Shotgun Microphone
- Shure SM57-LC Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
- TASCAM DR-100mkII 2-Channel Portable Digital Recorder
- Audio-Technica AT899 Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone
- Rode NTG3 Condenser Shotgun Microphone
- Heil PR-40 Dynamic Studio Recording Microphone
- Zoom H4N Handy Portable Digital Recorder
- Manfrotto 420B Boom Stand with Sand Bag
- Finding and Pursuing Your Quest: An Interview With Chris Guillebeau (via Gumroad)