How to Make a Compelling Event Video ft. Paul Searle (DVG 025)
I love attending conferences.
I've shared many times before why, so I won't do that here, but to someone trying to decide whether or not to attend a conference for the first time, there are only two real ways to decide.
Either ask someone that has been there before or watch the event video, and your only option is usually the latter.
In today's episode I chat with Paul Searle, a freelance videographer who focuses almost exclusively on making videos for events. We chat about what makes a great event video, how to best record the talks, how he is livestreaming events to the web, and all the gear he uses to do so.
If you ever need to record something that takes place live (weddings, sporting events, conferences, documentaries, etc.), this episode is for you.
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Searle Video
- Book Yourself Solid Fizzle Course
- Lanyrd - discover thousands of conferences
- XOXO Festival — Searle Video
- Confab — Searle Video
- Creative Mornings — Searle Video
- 1-Day Business Breakthrough
- Amazon.com : Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
- Amazon.com : Blackmagic Design Studio HD Camera
- Amazon.com: Blackmagic Design ATEM Production Studio 4K
- Amazon.com : CowboyStudio Shoulder Support
- Amazon.com : Zacuto Z-Finder
- VICE: HBO Series
- Amazon.com : Canon C300 Cinema Camcorder
- Amazon.com : Panasonic 12-35mm/F2.8 Lens
- Amazon.com : Panasonic 35-100mm Lens
- Amazon.com : GoPro HERO4 BLACK
- Livestream : Watch or Broadcast Live Events
- Ustream : The leading HD streaming video platform