How to Make Videos About Boring Topics ft. Matt Giovanisci (DVG 008)
How do you build a online brand that stands out in an industry or niche that most people considering "boring"?
Think personal finance, law, anything technical like engineering or math, and home improvement, etc.
Well today's guest on the podcast, Matt Giovanisci, has built his audience and business around swimming pool and hot tub care through his YouTube videos for Swim University. (Some of which, like "How To Change The Sand In Your Sand Filter", have hundreds of thousands of views.)
In this episode I chat with Matt about how he got into making videos online, what his process is for planning and shooting these videos, how makes sure he adds comedy into them, and how he got started without buying any gear.
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Swim University - The Ultimate Guide to Pool & Hot Tub Care
- SwimUniversity - YouTube
- Pool Care Rap Video - YouTube
- The Making of: Pool Rap Song - YouTube
- Listen, Money Matters - Manage your money like a badass.
- "All My Money" Personal Finance Rap Video - YouTube
- The Making of "All My Money" - YouTube
- Inside the control room: turning NFL football into primetime television - YouTube
- Amazon.com : Canon XA10 Professional Camcorder
- Amazon.com : Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera
- Amazon.com: TASCAM DR-40 4-Track Portable Digital Recorder
- Down and Dirty Lighting Kit | Wistia Learning Center