Sometimes when you're filming a video and the talent is moving a lot (like in a fitness video) or they are just really far away, running a wired microphone to them just isn't always an option.
When that's the case, a wireless set-up is the only way to get quality audio recorded without having someone follow them around with a boom and a shotgun mic.
In this video I review one of the most inexpensive wireless lavalier kits on the market, the RODELink Wireless Filmmaker Kit. I'll show you what comes in the box, how to properly set it up, and run a few tests on how it sounds.
Items mentioned in this video:
- Amazon.com: Rode RodeLink FM Wireless Filmmaker System
- Amazon.com: RODE invisiLav discreet lavalier mounting system
- Amazon.com: Rode VXLR Adapter for VideoMic Mini-Jack Female to XLR Male
- Amazon.com: Rode HS1B Headset Microphone
- Amazon.com: Rode SC4 3 inches Microphone Cable
- Amazon.com: Rode VMPR VideoMic Pro R with Rycote Lyre Shockmount
- Amazon.com: Sennheiser EW112P G3 A-Band Wireless Lav Mic Bundle