In the fifth session of the Cubicle Renegade Podcast I chat with Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income.
I met Pat in person last year at the Financial Bloggers Conference, but I had been listening to his podcast and reading his blog since before I started Pocket Changed in 2010. While Pat gets labeled into the "make money online" niche, his transparency and willingness to help people with learning to do things online should be a model for anyone building a personal brand.
In this episode we discuss Pat's less known failures online, how to "be everywhere", what to do when you feel stuck, and how to persevere in the face of failure.
You can listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or use this player.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- (1:57) - How Pat got started online before SPI
- (9:12) - The importance of authenticity online
- (15:24) - How to "be everywhere" online
- (20:00) - Personal or non-personal brand?
- (24:55) - Niche sites, affiliate marketing, and authority sites
- (28:00) - What to do when you feel "stuck"
- (35:45) - The importance of experimentation & failure
Items mentioned in this episode:
If you have enjoyed this or other episodes of The Cubicle Renegade Podcast I'd love for you to leave a review on iTunes.
Intro & Outro Music by Ratatat.